Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:

Oh c'mon now, you're joking right? In this thead alone you've referred to the several million people living around Israel (in adjacent countries) as "bloodthirsty vermin." I call that "generalization."
Now that is an assumption on your part. I never said all of them were bloodthirsty vermin. Surely the numerous terrorist groups and some governments are bloodthirsty vermin. Some of the people are bloodthirsty vermin, but certainly not all.

Quote:
Yes, I know the difference between "leftists" and liberals, but while the bulk of my views are best described as liberal, some are considered leftist, and others are on the right hand side of the picture (immigration being one, plus I happen to own a few firearms).
Interesting that you mentioned illegal immigration. The percieved "generalization" is that cracking down on it is a right side issue. That wouldn't be completely accurate. The Wall Street Journal editorial staff loves open borders and illegal immigration. They are percieved to be on the right. Many Republicans like open borders and illegal immigration and they are percieved to be on the right. The thing with that issue there are those on the left and right that support open borders and illegals. However their support is for very different reasons.

Quote:
However, I am scared shitless that we're going to get involved military-wise due to our political stance with Israel, and knowing that holy wars are generally pretty brutal, I'm worried that Iraq was only the tip of the iceberg concerning our middle-eastern meddling.
I don't think we will get involved militarily. At least not with ground troops and not in the area of Israel.

I'm also not sure "holy war" is the best description. Israel doesn't fight for reasons of holy war. They fight for their survival. The other side fights for varied reasons.