Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:

The trouble is, Madman, you often use the two terms interchangeably. Also, we don't have the "NY Madman secret decoder ring" that comes in boxes of Captain Crunch to decipher exactly what you mean by your generalizations at times. More to the point, throwing out monikers like that is more an act of rhetoric or hyperbole than a constructive exercise that helps us understand anything about anyone. Am I guilty of this at times? Sure. But you use words like "liberal" or "leftist" as epithets in half your posts. You act as though its like condemning somebody as a child molestor or murderer. I have a little higher opinion of those who are on the lefthand side of the spectrum, especially if they actually have thought out their opinions and views--like a number of people here.

I have no desire to continue a back-and-forth with you over personal BS. The funny thing is that we're in agreement over the actual topic here. I apologize for berating you about your attack on PDX. PDX is obviously a big boy who can take care of himself. The one thing I will say, is that I am not trying to impress anyone here, as you suggest. I, like most people here, come here for laughs, interesting conversation, and sometimes a good flaming if Miner Boy shows up. laugh
Are you done flying off the handle for no reason? You got all the personal insults out of your system?

There was a time when I threw around the leftist label a lot. But then again there was a time when there were many people on this board who were poster children for the MoveOn.org generation. I don't do it as much anymore. I do it to people who I know and have a history with on the board. People for whom the term is apt. Branden is a known commodity.

I haven't called you a leftist. cool

By the way, I didn't attack PDX. He attacked me. I've seen his login name before, but I don't recall anything about him, so I wouldn't initiate an attack. We worked out the problems with counseling.

Your apology is accepted.

You'll have to excuse me now because some new users have entered the thread and they seem like leftists. [LOL]