Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:
What some people in this thread just refuse to understand, however, is that radical Islam and its terrorist groups will stop at nothing to achieve their hateful goals--...This is the simple, painful, undesirable truth. Go ahead, keep burying your head in the sand. It isn't going to change this truth..
So what will change the truth?.. if we have established that you cannot elliminate them all? Perhaps minimizing the amount of shit instead of trying to eradicate it. Occasionally when a human body gets a disease it overreacts, it's worse for the patient and doctors have to suppress the over-reaction to save the patient.
Well, the world is sick... do we go into high fever and kill everyone?

Quote:
Do you think that I, or most Americans, want us to be poking around in the Middle East, ... Give me a fucking break. ...
Remind me again... what was the reason to invade Iraq at this time? No I don't think most americans want this... that is why I bother with this conversation. I think most americans are smart enough to see what is going on... your government policies however are a problem.

Quote:
Diplomacy and statecraft does not work in some cases. It's an unfortunate truth of the world of realpolitik. Some people need to shake themselves and wake the fuck up. This mess isn't going away if we ignore, appease, or minimize it.[/QB]
No it's not going away... and no matter how much bombing america, hezbollah or israel does it is not going away... what you need is another option. Only some people fail to realize that.

I am not saying I have an answer, but the most we can hope to accomplish at this time is to minimize casualties. Am I right on this point?