Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
[b]MM, you know you are like a brother to me but sometimes the party line sounds a lot like something out of Germany in the 30's.

Edited to add...not that there isn't some truth to what you say.
What the hell are you talking about?

Clarify what you said. (or are you just being your usual troll self)[/b]
Not trolling I promise. I always admit when I am fishing.

Take all the atrocities out of the equation, nationalistic pride can sound the same weather it be from Nazi Germany or the USA. Again I am not making a comparison for right or wrong but the words are very similar. Again not saying you or the right or what ever is comparable to the Nazi party but the rah rah of national pride sounds very simialr.[/b]
You are arguing a completely ridiculous notion. What you are in essence saying is that national pride is some type of bad thing. To compare national pride with what one nation did in the 20th century is bizarre. It also shows an ignorance of what went on in Europe post WWI and the overall psyche of the German people during that period of time.

The anti-national pride line of propaganda ignores the many good things that have arisen out of it.

Internationalists despise national pride. Karl Marx despised national pride.

Is Australians loving their country wrong? Is Iranians loving their country wrong? Is Japanese loving their country wrong? Is French loving their country wrong? No, of course not. To certain people it's only wrong when Americans love their country. [Freak]

Whenever someone dismisses the notion of national pride as being a bad thing, it's usually a "tell" to a certain type of political idealogy.