Guido,
Here is your topic: "Topic: Why can't you damn Californians keep your shit to yourself!"

You are blaming California for YOUR problems? Grow up and blame YOURSELF and your state for your problems. I'm trying to take care of my state and I don't have the time or inclination to care about MN (although I'd like to visit there one day). So, to quote you: Keep YOUR shit (and your states) to YOURSELF (and your state). laugh

Moby,
You are asking about the process. It is what it is. It isn't easy to do though (if that is the implication). It has been tried 26 times before and has never made it to the ballot. But I'm not clear on your numbers. Where do you get them, please site your source? 49% 51% ....never heard that one before.

If Arnold wins, it would be by simple majority.

The thing about stats is they can be skewed any way you want them.

On a side note: the deficit was officially announced after his second term. People were not pleased with him in the first term, but hey, he's a politician. I could live with him (or so I thought) and so could most people. Then the official annoucement of the deficit and continued driving the state into the ground the day after election for the second term. Stupid games right up to the end.

His most recent attempt to balance the budget? Cut nothing, expand the deficit and increase taxes. By law we must have a balanced budget, so to appear like it is on paper he:
1. Wants indian gaming tribes to volunteerly renegotiate their contracts with the state to increase taxes...1 billion (they aren't goning to do that)
2. Wants all state employees to volunteerly return their pay increases.... 1 billion (do I even need to comment)
3. Assumes the economy to sky rocket and the increase in taxes will supposedly go through the roof...18 billion (can I borrow that crystal ball?)
4. Triple the car tax...? billion (to begin, its an illegal increase)

So, lies to propagate our debt into the future that someone else has to fix.

On another side note: I collected sig's for the recall. It was completely a volunteer effort. Let me tell you, if someone doesn't know about the recall...they don't sign. Most californians are too busy to take the time....unless they are really pissed. I got quite a few of those...shit spewing out of their mouths like Guido here. Then there were the scary ones who drove up and asked who Davis was? What does recall mean? What did he do? ....and they all had driver licenses (scary). Nobody...and I mean NOBODY ever said a word in his defense. Either they knew about him and were pissed or where totally clueless about anything. Maybe thats the 49% you are talking about.