Quote:
Originally posted by ned946:
Davis was elected by 49% of 17% of the registured voters in Cal. To turn his stats back on him...his election wasn't democratic...in his democracy example. What a line.
It was democratic - it's not his fault that so many people in California (in every state, really) that can vote don't. Using that example, we could easily say the same for Bush.

Regardless.

Say you have 100 people to vote. 49 want Davis to stay. 51 want him gone.

I suppose it could be argued that the recall vote is a "primary" of sorts.

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Davis is on the recall ballot. All a voter has to do is vote "NO" to recall Davis and leave the rest blank.... then his ballot is complete. That's for those who want to keep Davis.
So a "no" on a recall automatically turns into a Davis vote on the second ballot? Or do they still have to punch "Davis" on the second? (No pun intended) Or does that ballot automatically go into the second vote?

Like I said, I'm not familiar at all with the process California has for it. Just wondering.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist