Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

So a "no" on a recall automatically turns into a Davis vote on the second ballot? Or do they still have to punch "Davis" on the second? (No pun intended) Or does that ballot automatically go into the second vote?

Like I said, I'm not familiar at all with the process California has for it. Just wondering.
According to the Mexifornia Secretary of State web site the recall ballot is as follows:

"It will be in two parts. In the first part, voters will vote for or against the recall. In the second part, the voter may select a replacement candidate. If a majority of the voters vote “yes” on the first question, then the recall is successful, and the replacement candidate who gets the most votes is elected for the unexpired term of office."

That's not too hard to figure out. Though I am sure that the Democrats will sue if Davis loses saying the ballot was too complicated. Which would of course imply that they believe the voters are idiots (they know their constituency). Kind of like the Florida/2000 situation. Maybe they are idiots. Davis was after all re-elected last November. But then again Democrats are masters of voter fraud...so we will see what happens.