Wow you guys call me the racist when you are the ones that take it to that level. Anyway I was only partially joking in my original post. I have noticed a trend lately that focuses on the hispanic component of the U.S. I do feel that for the first time ever hispanics are aknowledged as a real part of the culture. I actually have always joked about mexicans taking over. The truth is that society and culture will change over time as those with differing backgrounds gain positions of influence. I truthfully have felt a backlash coming for many years now. As any new component in society spreads there are inevitably those who have a problem with it.

Socalpunx really had some good points in his post. Many Mexicans living in this country have had trouble adjusting and have distanced themselves from their own culture. It is sort of a catch 22 of my generation. We are not from here but we tend to identify with the society in which we were raised.

I posted the grass cutting comment and the be afraid one as a dig to bring in some discussion. As Sd-xterra pointed out I do this from time to time for my own amusement.

NYMADMAN I respectfully ask you to refrain from insulting my father and keep your comments centered on me. Although since you don't really know him or me your comments are unfounded and unimportant. [Finger]
I mean come on it is silly to call me a racist. I love everybody. Especially white chicks. Oddly enough living in a city that is 80% hispanic my best friend is an irish guy.

Anyway the point is that there definitely exists a paranoia that what I alluded to in my original post is actually happening. That minority groups in some way are plotting to take over the country. This of course is ludicrous. The country is made up of those who live in it so you can't take over something you are a part of.

Oh and if you notice I never brought in the discussion of illegal immigration that was you guys. Get with the program guys if we can't joke about these issues then they become to large to deal with.