I was trying to buy some fast food gift certificates for an old neighbor. She is to old to cook now I guess.....anyway, I had to go to three (I swear, three) places before someone spoke enough english so I could buy a gift certificate. And I speak spanish pretty good, they just couldn't understand.

Kind of a shame. Kinda like me working the counter in Mexico. Que? Think the place would lose business? Of course. What Mexican in their right mind would go there to order whatever from me, If I don't understand what they are saying.

All this oppression/racism shit is all just old tired bullshit anyways. Bring on the revolution, I don't care. I hope it turns out just like Mexico with it's stellar history of exceptional government and human rights. Not to mention a great economy and global respect. Let's not forget values. Everyone knows you can't payoff a Mexican judge/cop/politician. I'm glad there won't be tons of illegal drugs being brought into the country, and maybe the coyotes will stop robbing and murdering the Mexican "undocumented immigrant" or home invading those same "undocs"

Face it Ivan, the Mexicans have a huge perception problem. Maybe you and your family, educated as you are, and down for La Raza as you are, should work on that.

I once heard something that puts a lot of this in perspective. During WWII a democratic President, put all of the Japanese people living in America into camps, regardless of their status. That was just 60 years ago. Certainly prejudice and hatred for these people was everywhere. In SPITE of that, the Japanese people have thrived. Have you ever seen a Japanese ghetto? Have you ever heard of a Japanese person claiming they didn't get this or that because of racism etc.?

Methinks not. A proud, hardworking culture.

A culture that does, instead of running at the mouth. What is your culture? I keep hearing about it......what do I use to judge? What I see not only here in America, but Mexico as well? On what basis do the Mexican peole wished to be viewed? It's a serious question. Get with your family and talk about it. Simply stating that white people don't like you because your skin is brown not only sounds like, but is a gigantic cop-out. I want to know, am I to judge on what I experience and see everyday, the neighborhoods I drive through, and the people I interact with everyday?