Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Seems our President has stirred up a little controversy again. A lot of people (including republicans) are questioning Bush's latest stunt of the tailhook jet landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln. Not only was it deemed "risky", but it seems it potentionally delayed the arrival of the aircraft carrier, and cost a whole bunch of extra money.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-05-07-bush-landing_x.htm

Now I have no problem with the President visiting troops and congratulating them on the great job they did, but one has to wonder about this blatant photo op. What was especially troublesome was the initial cover up for this publicity stunt:

"The White House initially said the carrier was too far out at sea to use a helicopter. Tuesday, Fleischer acknowledged that the ship was close enough."

:rolleyes:
The story is......this is a story? Liberal media! ...what a joke.

Tailhook landing........HELL YEAH!
Late? I knew a week before the carrier was in San Diego what time it would be here and when he would be here....I was bummed, cuz I had to work. Not late at all. The troops on the ship were thrilled (from the FIRST HAND discussions I've had and heard)

Hell yeah its a photo op....and a well earned one at that.

Your "news" source seems like the crying whinning idiots that they are. Why not e-mail the source and tell them to do some real reporting. I mean they actually took the time to PRINT that they thought the heli was too far out and in reality it was not? I'm sure there are things in the world way more important than that space filling waste of ink and paper (you environmentalists should jump all over the paper for that....the trees that gave their lives for a non-statement?)