Lots of X's get front lockers...made by ARB...air lockers.

As the X is driven around in rear wheel drive most of the time...and, the ARB lets you leave the front unlocked when you don't need it...the wear and tear issue isn't a big deal.

If you have a front locker and the wheel is cut to full lock and you are flooring it, sure, there's more stress on the CV joint...but I don't know anyone who blew one that way yet (I'm sure some people have though, its inevitable)

I've seen jeeps blow lockers though, so its not just an X thing....its a locker thing.

A locker is about $650, and you'd need a compressor to actuate it, say another $200 or so....the labor might be more of an issue as it sounds like you are unfamiliar with the mechanics end...figure a round $grand for the locker.

A locker helps an IFS rig more than it helps a SFA rig...as the IFS is more likely to have one tire hanging in mid-air, etc....like a Hummer.

laugh

Will you just buy the X already?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif