Quote:
Originally posted by m2pro:
Since I have folks constantly checking up on this thread... I'll continue to thread jack this and switch topics.

In brief... what all does a SL do that a BL doesn't and vice versa? My thoughts are that lifts are merely so that you can afford larger diameter tires. IS that totally wrong? It doesn't seem like lifts affect the actual ground clearance because the rear ball joint still hangs low, and whatever other underpinnings there are that I'm not informed enough to know their names....

Am I wrong to assume that the clearance doesn't really go up? Or am I delusional, and incapable of seeing the ball joint going up?

(also, is it worth getting the pinstripe on my X? i have VERY little time to know about this, considering i'm picking it up tomorrow. so let me know guys and gals!) cool
the suspension lift does lift the truck 3" higher than stock, the body lift only lifts the body (hense body lift) higher than the frame, thats why in some pics on here of body lifts, you can see alot more of the frame than a stock X...the BL lets you add bigger tires...a suspension lift actually gives you more clearance off road...but thats on pre 05's..i remember seein a thread on a lifted 05 VS stock 05...and i also saw on calmini's site about a 5" lift for the 05's?

heres the link of that lifted 05, you can see the improved ground clearance on the lifted Vs the stock..

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=002114