Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
I don't understand why anyone would try and compare these two vehicles. They are totally different and aimed at different markets. If the original poster started this thread to compare the Xterra to a Liberty or Cherokee then that would be fine. They are comparable vehicles marketed to the same demographic. To compare an Xterra to a Jeep Rubicon is asinine.
I am with M2pro here also. I bought my 05 as my next trail rig, to replace my aging SWB Montero. Rubicon WAS a consideration for myself, but I primarily declined due to lack of space for my family on 10 day wheeling trips. And used some of his other logic. The Xterra has been marketed as a serious off-road, and sportsman vehicle, not a soccer mom vehicle. Now, due to the delicate nature and limited capabilities of a pre-05, I would have not even compared the 2 models. To me they are the same market, the key difference is LWB Vs SWB, and that is a big difference, but both can be made into trail rigs. If I were comparing to a Liberty or Grand, I would use the Pathfinder to compare myself.

How about a SWB Xterra? Hmmmmm....