Quote:
Originally posted by m2pro:
...no chrome? i mean, black on black would look kind of dumb. not that i want to be flashy...but they're step rails... not rims... i'm not trying to do something non-functional here. besides, the black ones are more expensive anyway! that's flashier!
They're sliders, not step rails, designed to slide you across/fend off obstacles that would normally kill your rocker panels/lower doors. The chrome would just get scratched to hell, unless you're not taking it off road. In that case, it's your vehicle do what you want with it, just expect some flak from the rest of us laugh Just get the bare steel Shrock sliders and you can do whatever you want to do with them, paint (any color under the rainbow), [cough]chrome[/chrome], powdercoat, etc...

Quote:
also, i figured the stock OR skid plates were decent enough. no? maybe i overlooked that. i suppose they're not beefy enough eh?
Haven't looked @ the stock underbody armor on the '05s yet, but I would want to get something designed by Shrock or Skid Row to really protect the vital underbelly of the X...I have already had to replace my gas tank on my '02 (at ~$500 and that's with a discount) because the stock "skid" is such a worthless piece of swiss cheese posing as steel.