Quote:
Originally posted by 2manytoyz:
Well, not all Jeep owners are posers. Until this past week, I was a proud owner of a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.....
....Open the hood, climb underneath. You won't find glitz on these. Just big, clunky, hard working parts. Comes stock with Dana Axles for a reason....
....I like going off-roading. But I don't go as hardcore as the Jeep was capable. It was more vehicle than I needed....
....But even the full up version of the 4WD model isn't in the same category as a Rubicon Jeep. It isn't meant to be......
First off, welcome to the forum, n00b.
laugh

Secondly, I won't disagree about your statement about jeeps being more capable out of the box, especially, Rubis.

Jeeps do have some liabilities that I, for one, don't like.

Jeep: Dana 30/35 combo ====> shit
My Xterra: IFS (front)/ 33 spline, 4.90 9.25" R&P STOCK!

Jeep: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time (even in the rubis)
Xterra: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time

Jeep: Needs lift or spacers to fit 32" tires
Xterra: Fits 32's stock

Jeep: Short wheelbase, sometimes an advantage
Xterra: Medium wheelbase, sometimes an advantage

As somebody who wheels frequently, I can tell you that Jeeps break all the time. I see broken Jeeps about 1/4 times I run a difficult trail. I've pulled stuck Jeeps out of jams as have other Xterra owners.

Your opinion is a popular one, but I love my X. Once I put my D44 in front (& 35s all around), a rubicon will just be another "stocker" to me.......

Like I said, welcome to the forum. But spare me the elitist Jeep bullsh!t.......

While I'm on a tirade, one last thing.....

Trail rated? L-O-L