FWIW, the Rubicon, the Unlimited, and the Rubicon Unlimited, come STANDARD with DANA 44 axles. wink

Also, the local Jeep Dealership will install lift kits and massive oversized tires, and the package will carry a factory warranty. It's amazing to see a brand new Jeep, already tricked out with lots of aftermarket parts, and have a modified window sticker. Oh, if you would prefer lockers, bigger tires, lift kits, or different axles on ANY Wrangler they sell, you can have the dealer "upgrade" it before you leave the lot. That's Jimmy Vickers (http://jimmievickers.fivestardealers.com/) on Merritt Island FL if you get a wild hair. They have lots of new modified Jeeps on their lot.

By comparison, I'm having a hell of a time even getting a hitch from my dealer for my X. Forget about them offering any real upgrades at a Nissan dealership.

In EVERY major off-road challenge, you'll find some form of a Wrangler. They are so easy to modify, and parts (chassis, bodies, every single piece of running gear, etc.) is only a phone call away. I don't ever remember seeing a single Xterra in any of those challenges.

I love my X, don't get me wrong. It's also a well built, very off road capable machine. But the Wrangler is 1000 lbs lighter, and some serious off road hardware is already included (read the specs for the Rubicon). They are so easy to modify... even a dealer will do it! The Jeep is so waterproof that it has drain plugs in the floor, and is designed to be hosed out. The computer is in a sealed box at the very top of the firewall. Set a garden hose loose in your X, see what happens.

Don't mistake my comments for a knock against the X. It's a completely different beast from the Jeep. You don't see "cute" decals about Nissans for the Jeep for a reason... they aren't in the same class. Out of the box, the Rubicon is a more capable vehicle. Can you modify a stock X to out perform a stock Rubicon? With enough money, sure. Can you also modify the Rubicon even more, yes, and the parts are much more readily available. Would I take my X 4x4 the same places I took my stock Wrangler... no way. I had water up to the tops of the fenders in the Jeep. If water would have made it past the door seals, wouldn't have been an issue in the Jeep.

Enjoy whatcha drive.