How about something a little more realistic:

-Buy a Jeep if you want a pure off-road vehicle, with an extremely developed aftermaket that can provide you with any part imaginable. Unfortunately, you lose all the creature comforts, fuel economy, on-road drivability, etc...

-Buy a X if you want a great off-road vehicle that is also extremely capable on-road. The X was not designed to be a pure off-road vehicle (a.k.a. Jeep). There is a post somewhere on this board which says that the majority of X owners are women (most of which would never imagine taking their truck off-roading). I believe this demographic is much closer to that of Grand Cherokee owners; so if you want to compare the X to the GC, have at it.

Personally, I would never buy a Jeep for the reasons I listed throughout this thread, and many others. I love the X and when I'm done with it, it will be an extremely off-road capable truck. I just don't pretend it is what it isn't (and was never meant to be).

-There are many great reasons to buy an X; but pretending that you are better than the Jeep crowd is not one of them. They're just gonna laugh at you for driving a chick truck. wink