this thread is still here because either:

A: this topic is/was a huge factor in MANY X buyers decision when purchasing it

B: many X buyers have a massive inferiority complex (which is absurd but true) (this also adds to their inept ability to stay in a conversation with a jeep owner...now they'll have ammunition.

C: helps folks to truly recognize the fair differences between the two, and they all want to get out of work all while being mentally productive towards their X.... and they're foaming at the mouth to go offroad.

D: let's face it, we're all interested in this because we want to know exactly how close our X is to performing like a Jeep offroading, and other opinions help us understand our truck better.

SO, to those that option B applies to (and deep down you know who you are, it's ok to admit it), RELAX guys [Smoking] . UNDERSTAND the differences of our two vehicles. If you are so eager to prove yourself, and feel inadequate in an X, go buy a damn Jeep and stop worrying... but don't be an elitest dick. Spare the ones that have no complex and would way rather own an X. Pick a side I guess, I don't know. Otherwise, you help make this topic truly worth while... so keep posting, it's fun.

i'm still totally a newbie... never been offroading. but all these truths are very obvious, clear and easy to understand. i recently bought an OR black 4x4 05 model. i'm waiting on some more money to start my modding, but i'm in no rush yet. been talked into sliders first, then serious underarmor, then i think tires lastly. (probably wuss out on the wait and get my delta flow 40 pipes somewhere at the beginning though).

can't wait to start!