Quote:
Let's compare apples to apples, first off. I don't care if you can get a lift on some behemoth truck that won't even fit down a trail.

A 2004 Xterra has at least 5 choices for winch bumpers. Plenty of lift and armor choices, too!

How much can you get for a 2004:

Escape?
Santa Fe?
Highlander?
4runner?
Equinox?
Liberty?

The 2005's aftermarket is shaping up great, too. Make no mistake about it, the Xterra's offroad aftermarket is better than any other SUV on the market right now. Thi Libby has some interesting options, but I'd still take an X.
You've got to be kidding me... Somebody is actually touting Nissan aftermarket options as a PLUS?? Are you retarded? Just asking. Because if you compare the only two vehicles in that list that compete w/ the Nissan (4Runner & Liberty), and decide to pick strictly on the available aftermarket, if Nissan even comes in anything other than 3rd, then you can answer that question with a firm, "YES!!"

Nissan's aftermarket is the weakest of all the offroading SUV's. The Escape, Sante Fe, Highlander, and Equinox (isn't that a mini-van w/ regular doors...?) aren't offroad capable rigs. They're street/sport SUVs, NOT street/offroad SUVs.

And if you want to compare the Liberty & 4Runner's aftermarket, then the 4Runner has the most, followed by the Liberty, and very slowly limping in at 3rd would be the Xterra.

But then again, maybe you've never heard of all the Jeep & Toyota aftermarket companies. There are 3 main aftermarkets for Nissan. I can't even count on two hands, the main aftermarket companies for Jeeps and Toyotas.

Tought the abilities of the Xterra (good on street, good on trail), but don't try to say we have a great aftermarket! We pay approximately double the price for similiar upgrades, and we have less options available to begin with. That's not good aftermarket; that's a painful aftermarket. Yes, it's getting better. But it's got a very, very long way to go before it catches up to Jeep & Toyota.