Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Let's compare apples to apples......
You've got to be kidding me... Somebody is actually touting Nissan aftermarket options as a PLUS?? Are you retarded? Just asking. Because if you compare the only two vehicles in that list that compete w/ the Nissan (4Runner & Liberty), and decide to pick strictly on the available aftermarket, if Nissan even comes in anything other than 3rd, then you can answer that question with a firm, "YES!!"

Nissan's aftermarket is the weakest of all the offroading SUV's. The Escape, Sante Fe, Highlander, and Equinox (isn't that a mini-van w/ regular doors...?) aren't offroad capable rigs. They're street/sport SUVs, NOT street/offroad SUVs.

And if you want to compare the Liberty & 4Runner's aftermarket, then the 4Runner has the most, followed by the Liberty, and very slowly limping in at 3rd would be the Xterra.

But then again, maybe you've never heard of all the Jeep & Toyota aftermarket companies. There are 3 main aftermarkets for Nissan. I can't even count on two hands, the main aftermarket companies for Jeeps and Toyotas.

Tought the abilities of the Xterra (good on street, good on trail), but don't try to say we have a great aftermarket! We pay approximately double the price for similiar upgrades, and we have less options available to begin with. That's not good aftermarket; that's a painful aftermarket. Yes, it's getting better. But it's got a very, very long way to go before it catches up to Jeep & Toyota.
Retarded? That's pretty lame, man.

Regardless, I'll call bullsh!t.
Not true, not true, not true.....

Old Generations of 4runners have strong aftermarket. The new generation's options pale in comparison to the Xterras options.

You're stuck in the past, bud. Out of all the recent (2003+) vehicles I listed, The Xterra has the best aftermarket options. It might take a little bit for the '05s to catch up, but the die is cast.

The reason I listed all the grocery getters is because they are comparably sized & priced 4-door SUV.

We're talking about SUVs here. So you can stop being a Jeep/Toyota whore. The vast majority of aftermarket on those is for CJ/YJ/TJ, and old yota pickups not SUVs. The older generation 4runners and Cherokees have good options, but that's history.

As for CURRENT PRODUCTION SUVs, the Xterra is the only choice for a decent aftermarket. The Libby has options but is a unibody piece of sh!t.

I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding that current models need to be compared to each other, not compared to '85 4runner options......