Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Now that is a LAUGH. You post a pic of some highly modified rigs and talk about what jeeps can do? Gimme a break. Most Jeeps (like Xterras) are just grocery getters.

If I were gonna spend a bunch of $$$ on modding a trail rig, it wouldn't be on a Wrangler. An Xterra is simply a better trail rig. My Xterra holds a lot more gear and is perfect to sleep in (backseats fold flat).

If you want a vehicle to get out to the wilderness, but an X. If you want a vehicle to flex in the parking lot or trailer to some rocks, go buy a Jeep.
Jeff,

You obviously missed the point, again. Yes, these were highly modified Jeeps. Read slowly... these parts are READILY AVAILABLE. Can you buy such parts for your X? Can you get this kind of articulation from your X?

As for camping in your X, great...

Don't know about the capacity of this roof rack, but the one I had on my Jeep was 500 lbs, unlike the 125 lb rating of the one for the X. This one is much beefier than the 500 lb model I had.

Your problem is you can't accept that the Jeep is more capable out of the box. Nor can you accept that Xterra is WAY down on the list of vehicles supported by the aftermarket. To even suggest the X has any support versus a Jeep is silly. How many Xterra exclusive aftermarket catalogs are there? Is there even one??? A single page flyer doesn't make a catalog!

Oh, here's a fairly stock Jeep for ya:

Helluva grocery getter, eh?

If you have to knock the competition, it doesn't say much for your rig. I don't know of any Jeep owners bashing X owners. You go figure out why.

Love my X, but I know it has far less support, and without modifying it, it isn't as trail ready as my Jeep was. I don't do extreme off-roading, and my X will certainly do anything I ask of it... But the original question was asked, and without getting knickers in knots, I answered the question. Having actually owned both, I at least have some real world experience. I'm not knocking either one, just trying to keep the BS from swamping the facts. :p

Psst, nobody said your vehicle sucked... you assumed that. If I didn't like mine, I wouldn't have bought it.