Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mc:
If you put equal dollars into an Xterra and a Rubi, the Rubi will whoop ass. No doubt about it. How much $$ (total, tires et al) is a SAS for an X? Do you realize how many mods you can do to a Rubi for that amount?
I dunno about that, your 04’ was what 24k+ ? Then add other 6k for the long-arm kit, steering, skids, drive shafts, bumpers, tires, etc and all of sudden you have 30k+ invested. I have around 35% of that invested into my dual locked 2k SAS X on 34’s.

Even if I were to buy used like I did with my X, stock rubis are like 16-17k and modified ones likes Neds old one go for 21k which is still double what I have spent. Plus then you don’t have the fun of actually building something as much or driving something that is more unique laugh

Getting back on topic [LOL] the X does have a fair amount of weight, sheet metal, glass, etc exposed and up high for the tighter canyon trails and whatnot. The SWB’s without the tops all this stuff tend to have a easier time. Not to mention the interior cages and options.

Hum, who’s going to have the 1st full-on tube cage on a X? [Roll, fenders, engine, rear quarters, etc]