Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:

btw any one can post pics of any offroad vehicle in fucked up situations.
EXACTLY. If you see the picture posted in the response before mine of the Jeep upside down, you'll understand why I posted a pic of an upside down Xterra. Hey, 1 point to you... you actually got it. wink

FWIW, the new 2005 longer Xterra has a wheelbase of 106.3 inches. That's 2" longer than the previous model. The Wrangler Unlimited has a wheelbase of 103 inches. Gee, 106" or 104" (depending on which year Xterra) vs 103". If you're in an area that LWB is an advantage, there is a LWB model Wrangler (even in Rubicon trim) available. The longer wheelbase discussion is hereby ended. [Finger]

Anybody have a link to the Xterra accessory catalog? I'm still waiting for it too.

Some of you are obviously new to owning a Nissan. I never found many accessories for my new 1995 Nissan P/up or my new 2000 Nissan Crew Cab.

FWIW, I was the first to post online (my website) how to find which air shocks would fit the Crew Cab. No shock manufacturers were supporting this model, even years after it first came out. I contacted the various companies, and none could help out. I was also the first person to add a Snugtop topper to their Crew Cab that had roof rails. I spent several weeks working with the company. The company took pictures of my truck during the install. Face it, Nissan keeps changing the models drastically every few years, so the aftermarket will NEVER have a big offering of accessories for YOUR model.

The great part is Nissan keeps improving their trucks (which is why I keep buying them), the downside is aftermarket companies aren't going to invest a lot of time & money for a niche market.

Somebody mentioned Jeep has been around for 50 years. Close, it's actually 60 years. That's just the civilian market. Made even earlier for the Military. The CJ-5 (1979 Model) body design was almost unchanged for 29 years. History lesson here: Link.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the aftermarket to suddenly offer tons of goodies. Ain't gonna happen. In a couple of years, if Nissan holds true to form, they'll change the model once again. The bad part for me is I seem to be on a 5 year buying cycle for Nissans... eek laugh