Ok everyone, I posted in this thread back on like page 3, since then I haven't posted anything, let alone read this monstrosity of a thread until last night. I wondered why it just kept getting longer and longer.

First, let me tell you what a Wrangler IS. A Wrangler is a LIGHT DUTY TRUCK. At least that is what Daimler-Chrysler classifies it. Underneath the hood of a Wranger is a sticker stating this much.

Second, Jeff, I don't know you, and after reading posts by you in this thread, I don't want to. People always complain that "Jeep people" are a$$holes. Jeff, you're an "a$$hole" in this respect. Not all Jeep people are a$$holes just like not all Xterra people aren't.

This thread is nothing but petty, futile, asinine comments made by both sides. I would hate for someone to come looking at this thread actually looking to compare the 2. I'm embarrassed, as both a Wrangeler and Xterra owner.

That's right, I drive and WHEEL both....a TJ and X. I owned the X first. Got a feeling for wheeling, then bought the Jeep. Why did I buy the Jeep. I bought a Jeep b/c I wanted a "go anywhere rig", and I got it. Could the Xterra have been my "go anywhere rig"....YES, it "could" have. But buying a used jeep that I could "beat the crap out of" and still get to work the next day (in the Xterra) was the way for ME to go. Building up a Jeep and building up an X are two different things. A Jeep is MUCH, MUCH cheaper. I can flop the Jeep on it's side or roll it onto its top and still be able to drive it. That's hardcore. If I did the same thing in my X, sorry, I'd have to go to the autobody shop. I WITNESSED a SAS'd Xterra roll over on it's top. After all that time(it took like 2 or 3 years for the build), and all that money invested (this was pre Calmini), and beeing a 2001 w/ less than 30K miles on it in 2005, it was TOTALED. I could have made the Xterra trail only, but financially it was more "sound" to buy a trail only rig. I guess I could have bought another Xterra for "trail only", but it would have been too expensive to go through another X build up. I'm not saying a Jeep is better offroad, but I WILL say that it's more ECONOMICAL to take offroad....especially the more "hardcore" you get. I have a trade off, I have a great daily driver that sees some trails, and a great trail rig that sees some pavement. I would not ever imagine daily driving my Jeep b/c of all the mods done to it.