Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
It still amazes me how upset people can get on Internet forums.
Not just amazing. Hilarious. MountainX dude, i don't want to go back on my browser, so i'll just call u MountainX dude,... love the post. This was a really good addition as an accurate presentation of applicable facts to the Wrangler vs Xterra topic. (did my grammar just shoot off the charts?)

anyway... there's no need in getting insane over this. the point is, both rigs rock ass.

here's a good point for you Jeffdude. I see myself buying perhaps a used jeep... one that was previously owned by a girl hopefully, then max it out for trail riding. why? because my Xterra, while being anything i want it to be, is not the vehicle i want to destroy on a hardcore trail. why? it cost me 28k.

the point i wanted to tell u was, haven't you ever wanted one of those cheap ass beater cars like a honda crx or whatever JUST to rag the hell out of it, do parking lot donuts...burnouts, and just seriously beat it? well, take that idea, and just used it towards wranglers. (not to call them cheap cars you wrangler suckers!) but i LIKE my X.. i want it to LAST me and drive well. when i tow something with it, which i do from time to time with business, i want to know that it's not going to take the rear bumper off because of abuse.

another valid point, my vehicle isn't insanely gas efficient so far. under 2k miles still, but averaging 15 mpg...and i drive very, very conservatively. so, putting HUGE tires, and LOADS of heavy ass armor for the trail sounds like a good way to destroy my efficiency.

*btw, does anyone have any idea of how much that stuff will hurt my gas mileage? numbers would help*