Quote:
XMountaineer, there's really nothing to support your argument that a stock Liberty is a better trail or off-road vehicle. The Libby suffers from the same limitations that the X does in regards to IFS ,axles size, tire size maximums and wheelbase. And once you start talking about an SASd Libby, it really does not have any advantages over the SAS'd X.
I thought my last post was the one before, but I can't have people saying lies about what I wrote.

I NEVER ONCE said that a stock Liberty was a better trail or offroad vehicle. If I said anything about it, I said that it was CAPABLE....or COMPARABLE. I have not, and WILL NOT "dis" another vehicle b/c it was someone's choice to buy it to wheel it.

Also, my point about being able to flop the Wrangler on its side was meant to show that it was less expensive to drive on the trail. I have a full cage on my TJ....I feel safer in it offroad than I do my X....so shoot me. I would feel a lot worse if I rolled my X than if I rolled my TJ. For the money, I could not beat the deal I got the Jeep for. If I could have bought an Xterra modified the same way for the same money, it would have been a tough decision. It didn't have to be a Jeep that I bought....I was also looking at Samuri's. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I BOUGHT A "RIG" FOR ONE THING, AND ONE THING ONLY....I COULD CARE LESS THAT IT'S A JEEP. I did not want to continue to pour money into my X to make it "hardcore", then I would lose a daily driver or have to worry everytime I took it offroad, or pass up obstacles.