Ok Im a noob too, well at least to xterras...i previously had a gen I montero with 33's and a lift...looking to suppliment my vw with a x in the near future....relocating to the mountains...i have a few questions for those who dont mind answering......what years were the xterras produced...was 00 the first year? Were all 4x models produced with limited slip rear ends? is there a factory locker model...or do you have to go the ARB route...what is gas mileage stock? what about with, say 32/33's my montero had 33's and got 10-12 mpgs, please tell me the x's are higher...i finally sold my montero for 3500, it had 300k on the original motor...do these rigs get that milage with proper maintenance....what engines are available i assume most 4x's have v6s, if so what size..did nissan ever make a 4 banger turbo or a diesel model? whew thats enough for now....hopefully i will get some answers rather than a do a search function...becasue search is down..and i may by an 01 tommorow....thanks in advance smile