Yes, I've been to YOUR State, along with many others... California, New Mexico, Utah, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and I lived and wheeled in AZ for 3 years (Luke AFB).

You guys have it made out West. You can see the trail, it's solid, and sinking in muddy water up to your roof line isn't a real threat. Take a wrong turn here, you'll find out if your rig is waterproof. Seemingly easy puddle crossings can turn out to be a 5' deep mudpit. So, while you think FL is nothing but beach, it ain't. I've posted a picture of one of our trails (see page 7). No, a top heavy Xterra isn't going to make it down one of those muddy trails without a serious lift kit and monster tires. 1500 lbs of extra weight is fine on a hard trail like you ride on. Try that here, you'll be calling for help.

We used to have a local off-road park with a mud-bog event about once a month. The only thing resembling stock that ever made it was a Jeep. Everything else was too heavy, and even monster tires didn't help. I'll scan those pictures if ya want, but, you're still not listening... la la la!

So why don't you post some pictures of all those broken and stuck Jeeps you keep running across? Hell, as much as you hate Jeeps, there's no way you'd pass up the opportunity if it actually happened. I'm not talking about ones on other people's websites. Yes, Jeep do get stuck, but that's because their owners constantly push them to the limit. I'd just like to see a trail YOU would drive on, that a Jeep couldn't.

Again, ya don't own a Jeep. Others who've responded who did, had a VERY different view from you. So either everyone else is full of it, or it's just you.

And yes, I will likely go back to Colorado in the next year or two. In the meantime, come on down and ride our sissy trails.

And in the now famous words of Jeff himself...

Originally posted by JeffW:

Secondly, I won't disagree about your statement about jeeps being more capable out of the box, especially, Rubis.

Yes my friend, I couldn't have said it better. eek :p