Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
.....Jeeps still kick ass for a far less price.....
There's plenty of nice Jeeps out there.

2manytoyz and you are the ones trying to Say that Xterras are a lesser choice for a trail rig. I'm not talking "trailer queen" either. I'm talking a trail rig that you depend on to get your a$$ out of the woods.

How 'bout this? I'll keep my Xterra, you can go get a Jeep. Jeeps have plenty of great things about them. I prefer an Xterra for a trail rig.

Yes, an Xterra does weight more. So do the Patrols and Land Cruisers that they use in the outback.

Like I said about 7 pages ago:

• Jeep: Dana 30/35 combo ====> shit
    My Xterra: IFS (front)/ 33 spline, 4.90 9.25" R&P STOCK!
    Jeep: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time (even in the rubis)
    Xterra: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time
    Jeep: Needs lift or spacers to fit 32" tires
    Xterra: Fits 32's stock

Jeep: Short wheelbase, sometimes an advantage*
    Xterra: Medium wheelbase, sometimes an advantage

*what makes the SWB especially problematic is that when it is lifted high enough to clear big boulders, it tends to flip backwards on steep inclines.

Anybody who is ignorant enough to think that Jeeps are the end-all offroad simply hasn't wheeled. I'm so tired of all this bullsh1t rhetoric when it really comes down to one thing:

Trail rigs are built, not bought.

Read the posts. While I may have been a bit indignant, 2manytoyz and you are the ones being elitists. Every rig has advantages and disadvantages. FWIW, if I were to build a hardcore "trailer queen", it would be based on an a 105" WB 1985 Toyota, NOT a Jeep.

Everything is a compromise. The difference between you two and people who wheel is that people who have been out there realize that different vehicles have advantages in different situations. So those of us who do wheel appreciate each rig for what it is, including its shortcomings and advantages. Those who don't know any better just sit around spewing a "this is better than that" idoeology.

Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
.....It's reasons like this that this board is dying......
Actually, elitists who discourage people from modding/owning Xterras are the ones who are harmful to this board. I dare you to go "Jeep whorin'" over at a Yota board. See what happens. This kind of BS won't be well received anywhere.

This community will stay strong as long as we encourage open minds and keep the Jeep elitism in it's proper place; the ALR.