Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
They are a 'resistance' sure. Most of them aren't Iraqis though. They are foreign terrorists that want to become martyrs. I just wish we would hurry up and find Saddam. Once that happens lots of things will be different in the country. The people are afraid he is going to come back, and half the liberals I have talked to about this would be glad to let him. They want us to get out of there before it becomes another Viet Nam. :rolleyes: If we do that no one will ever trust us again.
Agreed. They need to capture him (hopefully soon). I personally don't see how this will be another Vietnam. Certainly the government has learned their lesson on that. Let the troops do what needs to be done instead of trying to micromanage from the pentagon. (If, on the off chance this starts to become another Vietnam, then yes, get the troops out. No excuse for men dying simply on the whim of some general sitting thousands of miles away.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist