Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
What you said.
That makes a few times that you've mentioned your distain for mall crawling Xterra owners. I have noticed that there is this general sentiment from the other boards like AC and NOR and others that XOC is full of softies and the other boards are the "hard core" offroaders.

The same "hard core" offroaders that come on here and complain that a performance 10 leaf leaf pack at $400-500 is too expensive. Damn. Just imagine how much it would cost to link it.

I've yet to see a cage on any of these "hard core" offroad rigs. So please get off the high horse.

My mall crawler has been on a racetrack and since then has run the Barstow race course at speed. I have replaced body panels and fenders on my minivan. I have cut off the whole front end and replaced it. And you know what?

IT DOESN"T LOOK LIKE SHIT!

Who ever said that modifications have to be ugly hackjobs?

If someone wants to subject themselves to putting pictures of their vehicle for the entire universe to critique over the internet, the reality is that people are going to give their opinions.

The consensus here seems to be that there might have been about 10 different options for mounting these lights that would have looked less like shit then welding them to the hatch.

As far as all of these "mall crawlers" keep in mind that this site has at least 10 times the members of the other Nissan truck and offroading sites on the net. There is more of a mix here. That's what happens when you have 10,000+ members as opposed to 150 that consider themselves "hard core."