Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
The biggest problem over there is that we are trying to help people that don't want to be helped! There are some that want our help, but lots of Iraqi's with weapons and a deathwish that don't want help. They still view us as Christians, and for that we are evil to them. Things are so tainted by religon over there. Ever try to help a drunk go to the hospital for detox? Impossible...I had to do it for my uncle a week ago and we ended up having to get the cops involved. You can't help people if they don't want to be helped, but we can't just leave Iraq in this unstable state either. You are damned if you do, damned if you don't. Nuking all of them would be the dumbest thing to do. All you would do is get all of the Muslim nations that already hate us even more pissed off and they would take the fight to the U.S. once again.
Excellent point. SpalinD compared Iraq to Vietnam and those two wars do have something in common - we shouldn't have been there to begin with. In no way do I mean to dishonor those who served; the dishonor belongs to the politicians who make decisions that get good and brave people killed and maimed while the pols worry most about money and getting re-elected.