Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
mmmm...wrong again there genius...Us pulling out was a POLITICAL decision designed to save face....getting them to the bargaining table to agree to a cease-fire(yeah right), was a MILITARY decision...and as far as wether I would think it would be any different in Iraq...
The fact remains...we were in a situation we couldn't win at that point. We would have pulled out anyway.

Quote:
somehow I don't remeber many Japanese acting too ballsy and still f-ing around with us after we incinerated Hiroshima and Nagasaki....
Where the hell were they going to hide, the Sea of Japan?

Quote:
just like most 3 year olds who dont have any clue as to how the real world works....Why dont you go back to school and get a degree in history or even better...join a division of the military and then come back and talk to me...
This coming from a 19 year old. You don't know what the fuck your are talking about when it comes to war, obviously.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist