Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Hey - as long as we have so many religeous scholars present...I have a serious question...

In the bible, we have things said by people other than God or Jesus...kind of like reporters or roving philosophers...big fans of Jesus, etc.

When they said things, we now seem to be acting as if a desciple's words are somehow the same as the words of Jesus, or God...

I mean, these guys were for slaves behaving and doing what they're masters told them to, and other questionable views...so some of what they say is taken as kind of a religeous law...as in if you go against what they say, its a sin....and some of what they say is ignored, even by religeous leaders....so there seems to be no clear cut way of interpreting their words...Judas was a desciple, he screwed up, but lets say he didn't screw up...today what ever he said would be something we're supposed to live by?

Are some of them considered more reliable than others....like we ignore Judas, but follow Luke?

If Jesus said it, does it mean more than if say, Luke said it?

So - What's the religeous experts opinion on how to interpret what desciples said?
It's actually pretty simple. When a priest tells you it's "our little secret", then it's obviously not coming from above...

But seriously, I can't figure this one out. The original article says the butt-pirates weren't having their fudge fest for another 2 days, right? So are you telling me God didn't know what day he was supposed to wipe out New Orleans?? He was 2 days early. I mean, I was taught to be on time... Is God trying to tell me I should be 2 days early to everything? SONUVA' BITCH!!! I haven't seen that in the freaking bible. Damn. Now I gotta' read the whole thing over again. Hope that fucking priest doesn't want me to come over and study anymore...

laugh