TJ,

If you really mean that as a serious question, I can offer you what I understand.

Assuming you are asking about the books in the New Testament which aren't part of the gospel (that being Mathew, Mark, Luke, or John)...

The majority of the rest of the new testament was penned by Paul (formerly Saul) and Peter (as in the disciple), through God's inspiration. So, in Paul and Peter's own words, they wrote the ideas that God put in their heads.

As for whether or not we worship Paul and/or Peter.. I certainly hope no Christian is worshiping them or Mary (Jesus' mother) for that matter. They were all sinners just like you and I.

Now, as for your question about taking the teachings in the New Testament as "religious law". Nothing in the books are religious law for there is no more religious law. Jesus resurrection set us all free from the law that the old testament had established, by fulfilling what the law had said.

I guess you could sum it all up in this command (paraphrased) 'Believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, confess with your mouth that God raised him from the dead, and repent your sins.' The non-gospel books support this message.

If I didn't answer your question fully or you'd like me to expound on something, just ask. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

The biggest problem people have in reading the books of the New Testament is that the books were written to specific groups of people for specific reasons. If you don't take care to understand what was being said and the context in which it was said, you can miss the point and the meaning can be drastically different. So, exegesis is very important. Few adolescents today know what all the metaphors in the Don McLean song "American Pie" mean. Yet, in the 70s, when Don wrote the song, people knew exactly what and who he was talking about.