Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Let me get this straight....

Liberals, atheists and deviants of all kinds can make all sorts of remarks insulting the majority of the population. Condemning anyone who believes in God. Claiming separation of church and state whenever the word God is mentioned. Crying the state is forcing morality on them...

But the majority of the population is supposed to keep quiet when
laws protecting deviants and immorality is forced upon them through gay agenda legislation, etc.
Let me get this straight...

Conservatives: abortion should be illegal. Nobody gets to make their own decision.

Liberals: abortion should be a choice. Not required. Each decides for themselves.

Conservatives: Ten commandments are ok in a courthouse, because we are a christian nation.

Liberals: Ten commandments are NOT ok, but we are NOT a christian nation, but a hodgepodge of MANY beliefs, and nobody in the government should be putting one above the other.

Conservatives: Gay people shouldn't have rights above anyone else. But religion sure can.

Liberals: Gay people should have EQUAL protections against discrimination (not above), just a religion does.

Conservatives: No problem telling people that we should all be living by christian standards.

Liberals: Nobody *has* to live by christian standards.

Conservatives: Our morals are the right morals.

Liberals: Each person has their own morals, and NOBODY has the right to decide how others should live.

The difference? What liberals want does NOT affect individuals in their private lives. What conservatives want CAN affect individuals.

I don't know any liberals personally who *condemn* religion. Just that you can't put it into laws or regulations with the government.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist