Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

It isn't a right to be married. It isn't a right to have benefits. These are all privileges. And yes, gays are covered under the hate crime laws. I am not covered under such laws. Where is the equal rights you were talking about?
You got married, right? Your wife get's your medical benifits, right? If a black man killed you because you're white or Catholic, that's a hate crime, right?

Quote:
Why should the states recognize their marriages? It is the vast majority of the population that thinks choosing to be gay is immoral. The needs and wants of the many outweigh the needs and wants of the few, unless you are a liberal.
Our founding fathers had the "minority" also in mind when they wrote the consitution, one just has to look at a jury trial for instance.

Quote:
All men are created equal. It is what you do after being created that brings about deserves and deserves nots.
I agree. Even if you're gay, if you're not hurting anybody, you deserve equal rights too.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site