"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything," Santorum said.

Oddly enough, I heard that the word "gay" was added by the associated press to "clarify" what Santorum said. (That's probably why the AP put parentheses around it). Also, oddly enough, the AP reporter that interviewed Santorum is supposedly the wife of the campaign manager for one of the Democratic Presidential candidates.

You don't think that this campaign against Santorum may be politically based do you???

Read the quote again. The key word is not "gay" (which he did not use), it's the word consensual . Unfortunately, the press is more focused on destroying a republican senator than analyzing what he said. :rolleyes:

Todrick, the reason I disagreed with you is because gays already have the same rights as everybody else. They have the right to get married... its just that marriage is currently defined as heterosexual couples. They still have the right to live together, etc. The complexity comes from the homosexual special interest groups and anti-gay bigots bickering about how immoral the lifestyle is.

For an enlighted individual like me, the issue is crystal clear. Do whatever the hell you want, sleep with whoever you want, just don't expect me to get hysterical when a senator discusses supreme court decisions and his enemies misrepresent his beliefs.