Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Some of these responses are funny....

Anyone who thinks gay is genetic is without a doubt an idiot. What about deviants who have sex with animals? Is that genetic? Is pedophilia genetic? How about crime bosses? Is genetics responsible for their behavior?
I still am flabberghasted (sp?) that you equate those things.

Quote:
There are plenty of stories about people who have given it up got married and led NORMAL lives.
"The American Psychiatric Association (APA) maintains that there is no published scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of reparative therapy as a treatment to change one's sexual orientation," according to the the group's medical director Dr. Steven Mirin. The APA opposes any psychiatric treatment, such as reparative or conversion therapy, which is based on the assumption that homosexuality, per se, is a mental disorder or based on the assumption that a patient should change his or her sexual orientation.

Quote:
Environment can be just as responsible for gays. There are studies that show children who grow up in gay households have a much higher proclivity for being gay. More so then the population at large. Yeah I know, all the libs have their phony studies that say that is not true. Well it is true.
Ah, but your study (where is it?) is the be-all end-all?

Quote:
Years ago when I was on the PD I pulled a detail to work some Pervert Pride Day or Deviant Day Parade or something like that in Greenwich Village.

I have never seen such a public showing of perversity and deviance in my entire life. Anyone who saw this spectacle would never want to give these perverts a damn thing. Deviants dressed in thongs dancing around and on floats. Perverts half naked dressed like Carmen Miranda. The most disgusting spectacle of perversity. I wanted to shoot half of them.
Hmmm...half naked, etc. Like straight people do at Mardi Gras? Or maybe all those "College Girls on Spring Break" videos?

Quote:
These are people most of you want to give special rights to? I think a lot of you are ill informed or have never seen these deviants in their element.
I have actually been to a few of those things (in support of friends, or for work). And I do agree...some of the stuff is WAY overboard. I have also been to some events where, aside from the "title" of the event, you'd be hard pressed to know what it was.

And again...it's not special rights. EQUAL rights.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist