Knowing Leland like i do, i am shocked to see that he has these anti-American feelings on this of all days.

First of all today should be a day to reflect on the tragedy that occurred two years ago today. It affected all of us who call America home. We were attacked by cowards using civilians and civilian planes to attack civilians. We did not cause this. There is no policy foreign or domestic that America has taken to warrant such an attack.

It is easy to sit in a cushy office and spew forth opinions of self rightousness and a live and let live mentality. It is easy because you are spoiled, all of you, including me. You have no indication, other than what you readily believe from a media simply existing to sell, what basic humanity boils down to.

If any of you think for one single breath that if you do not protect everything you have it will be taken from you, you need to check in to the mental ward.

It is that simple. People are not to be trusted by other people. We have built a great, wealthy and powerful nation based on freedoms. Other people want to take that from us. They want to steal it. It is that simple.

They want your big house Leland, they want your cushy job, they want your pool, they want your dogs. I so very much wish that was not REALITY, but it is. I wish that there were no countries, no religions. Just like John Lennon said in "Imagine" But the lyric is entitled that for a reason. It is not the truth. The truth is that people are flawed and you must be able to physically protect yourself at any time, or be a victim. It cannot happen that we all band together in this world. It is a fact. A sad fact, but a fact nontheless.

This thread was about the anniversary of the most horrific crime ever to happen to us, our country, our people, our way of life. The life you enjoy so very much.

And to belittle it by blaming a politician who has done nothing but try to protect you from further atrocites, instead of showing the reverence for this date that you should be showing disgusts me.

I for one have remembered what happened two years ago all day today. I remember that a few cowards tried to take my life from me. I remember those brave Americans who died, and the brave Americans who live on and refused to let the American spirit die.

I applaud those Americans, and today I especially remember who I am, not who I cannot be, simply because we are human.

Marshall