Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Thanks for logging in and letting us know exactly what you are all about in your first post.

It is obvious that you have no connection with reality whatsoever.

What mosque do you attend up there in Vancouver?

Seeing that Muslims are the most recent inhabitants of the Holy Land (hundreds of years as you claim, compared to thousands of years for the Jews).... does that mean in a few years Europe and even North America will be claimed by Muslims? Should our women get fitted for burquas now?

You love using words like "hatred" and "intolerance". The only real hatred and intolerance in today's world lies in Islam, Islamic nations and Muslim terrorists.

But as part of the PC diversity crowd I am sure you think it is hateful and intolerant to even mention these things. Regardless of the fact that it is the hard truth.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Why is it obvious that I "have no connection to reality whatsoever"? And who says I attend a mosque? I don't understand why you appear to have taken it upon yourself to slot me into a category as a member of the PC diversity crowd who attends a mosque.

And yes, I did state that Jews have been in what is now Israel for thousands of years and that the Muslims did not move into Palestine until relatively recent times. I don't see your point. What does concern me is your suggestion that Europe and North America may someday be claimed by the Muslims. North America was founded on Christian morals and values, and is one of the reasons why so many of us here are sons and daughters of immigrants who have come and settled here, and more importanly, remained here. What scares me now is that those same Christian values are being eroded in the name of political correctness to the point where words like God, Bible, Christmas, etc are taken out of our schools, malls, cities, etc. So, to answer your question regarding our women wearing burquas?: No, they don't need to wear them now, but do keep them handy as our Charter of Rights and your Constitution may be rewritten to accommodate burquas in the near future.

Recently, I had the opportunity to look into Islam, purely for interest sake. It appears to be a religion that preaches forgiveness, love, tolerance and to spread the word of Allah to the ends of the earth and to defend the faith at all costs. Strangely enough, it has a lot in common with Christianity. Unfortunately, some forms of Islam has been perverted by some to satisfy their selfish needs, eg. the Taliban. Oh wait, Christianity has that problem too, eg. the Crusades, Catholic priest/pedophiles and other scandals.

I really don't know and certainly don't pretend to know that there is a solution to this global mess. Perhaps, it is in our nature as man to destroy one another. As early as the Old Testament, man has had conflicts and have killed one another beginning when Cain killed his brother Abel (sp?) in a fit of rage.

The world, its people and its conflicts are not conveniently in black and white. If it were, and that all Muslims were evil, it would be so easy to just kill them all. Unfortunately, there are people like Osama bin Laden and other leaders in organizations like Hamas, Al-Queda, PLO, Taliban, etc who have the ability to unite under Islam, a people who are generally uneducated, oppressed and living in poverty. They are united in the quest to destroy the State of Israel and anyone else who supports them. The USA, with its wealth, freedoms, prestige and support for Israel is a convenient target for such organizations. Perhaps, the USA is currently in a position to influence some positive change in the Middle East. It is a BIG job, one that I certainly wouldn't want.

We are not all right-wing wackos or deviant liberals here. It is not all black or white, right or wrong.