Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Cinderella man, however, got snubbed despite being a very compelling and well done movie.
I will have to say, I thought that was one of the better movies of 2005, by far. The cinemetography, storyline, acting, costumes, etc., were all top notch. Ron Howard doesn't do bad movies, but sometimes I think his stuff gets snubbed, because they're too good. They're nothing out of the ordinary for him, so they don't get nearly as much acclaim as they're due.
I think part of Ron Howard's problem (or stigma, I guess) is he has done a lot of light fare. Only with Apollo 13 did he really start to do higher caliber material. (Not that his earlier stuff is horrible or anything)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist