Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
What a flop the gang of protesters were. a whole 500-1000 of them. Doesn't seem there is that much outrage for Bush among most americans, just a radical few.
I question that figure. When I got out of the Metro at McPherson square, I saw at least 50 of them - and this was three blocks away from the parade, during the parade.

The Quakers had an event at a church across the street from where I was (one of the umpteen inaugural balls). It was just boots on the stairs of the church, each with a name tag and candle. Inside they had ALL the pews covered with shoes, and another ton of shoes up at the altar and pulpit. They were reading names of both U.S. servicemen killed as well as Iraqi citizens killed. On the pulpit itself lay a pair of little girl's patent leather shoes. It was quite moving, actually.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist