Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
I personally have reasons for voting Bush and they have alot to do with me being in the Service (mainly that Kerry wanted to take away our body armor)
This is not entirely true. Kerry's infamous "I voted for it before I voted against it" thing...

There was an $87 billion bill that Kerry co-sponsored that provided the armor. The bill didn't pass - it would have reversed tax cuts. The $87 billion one he voted against - didn't reverse the tax cuts. The one Kerry co-sponsored...Bush threatened to veto it if it passed.

So while Kerry may have "voted for before voting against", Bush in the same manner, opposed it before he supported it.

But that seems to come with the territory for Bush...be against something until enough pressure causes him to change his mind (Rice testifying, Bush testifying, etc).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist