Quote:
Originally posted by gorge camper:
It's funny how the protestors during Vietnam are now the greedy, corporate stiffs who are Bush's biggest supporters.

I say if you can't beat them join them. I voted against Bush twice and lost both times. So now I am going to grow a mullet, buy any Nascar related item, fabricate "choppers" in my garage and wait untill 30,000 troops are dead before i realize that this was just a stupid way to get cheaper oil.
Tell you what. I'm a Republican. I hate Nascar. And I don't particularly care for choppers (they're too slow).

But one things for certain. If this war was for "cheaper oil", like so many liberals bitch and moan, then WHERE THE HELL IS THE CHEAPER OIL????

The point I'm trying to make, is, if the US wanted to go to war for cheaper oil, it would be far more cost effective to storm into Mexico and Venezuela, as those are two of the largest oil producing countries in the world, and they're right in our back yard. Interesting to note, BOTH of those countries produce more oil per year than Iraq. And if their productions were combined, it would be over 3 times the amount of oil that comes from Iraq.

Hmm... Cheaper to ship oil halfway around the world, or just pipe it from the south...

Hell, for that matter, we could take over Canada, and snag their 3 million barrels a day or so production, too...

And if we REALLY wanted to boost things, and HAD to take over a country in the middle east for oil, then it would be Iran, 'cause we've never liked that country, and they produce darn near twice the amount of oil that Iraq does.

Seriously, get your head out of the sand, wash up, and open your eyes. This war in Iraq was NOT about "cheaper oil".

[FYI: These numbers are based on 2002 World Oil Production Numbers, provided below:]

World Oil Production

The following is country-by-country ranking of the top oil producers in the world for the year 2002.

Country Million Barrels Per Day (2002)
United States 9.08
Saudi Arabia 8.54
Russia 7.65
Mexico 3.61
Iran 3.54
China 3.37
Norway 3.33
Canada 2.94
Venezuela 2.91
United Kingdom 2.55
United Arab Emirates 2.38