Quote:
You either have to have your eyes checked, your actually pay attention. Or do you forget so quickly that as soon as the hitch is out of your line of sight, you forget about it? I parallel park almost daily for one thing or another, and have never hit somebody's hitch. I notice it before I pull into the spot, and don't get close enought to hit it. Maybe I'm better at parallel parking, maybe I'm better at judging distances, maybe a have a better memory, but more likely I just don't have my head up my ass.
Let me explain a few things to you... I commute every day on a motorcycle. I parallel park my motorcycle in a spot that is ONLY wide enough for a motorcycle, as that's what it's intended for.

Whenever an jerk parks in the spot directly in front of this, and has a ball hitch attached, that extra 8" into the motorcycle space ELIMINATES the space for being useable. AKA, I have to now walk 6 blocks to work, because the ONLY motorcycle parking space anywhere nearby my work is now useless because a jerk was too lazy to take off his hitch.

The other situation is this. When my bike is parked, and a jerk parks in the space in front of my bike, and happens to have a ball-hitch on their truck, my bike is now BLOCKED from being removed, until said jerk gets back into his truck and leaves. Let me tell you how appreciative I am at 5:30 in the afternoon, when I'm waiting for some jerk that parked to close to come out and move, so I can go home... A motorcycle sits on its sidestand, which means I have to tip it upright before I can drive away. Which means I have to, literally, tip it into their ball hitch. No thank you.

Evidently, there are a lot of arrogant jerks around here, that don't understand they aren't the ONLY one using the road... I don't have my head up my arse. I just don't see how screwing up the roadway for other users, is my god-given right when driving my truck. If y'all would see how OTHERS have to interact with your freaking lazy arses on a daily basis, maybe you wouldn't be so slow at taking the darn things off.

edit: I realized I was cussing way too much, so those words have been edited.