Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]I would love to park in a regular spot. Problem is, PARC won't let me. Regular spots are 2-hour only, w/ meters. So if I can't get my regular space, I have to park down at the baseball stadium (6 blocks away), and catch a trolley into work, or else huff it.
That explains it.

I really don't see how a ball hitch would cause more damage in a slow collision (comaping it to a brush guard?). It might screw someone esle, but most likely not you. High speed, high impact collisions are a different thing. In that case you are fucked anyway so it really does not matter what you have and is irrelevant to the subject.

I see you point on why you dislike balls left on hitches, but a bit of protection on your rear end when you're driving an X is nice, you have to admit that. every little bit counts and as witnessed by the pics looks like it helped this time. The lady's car would have been fucked anyways because of not the the hitch she would have slid up under X's bumper thus screwing up the lights and possibly bending the hood. I do not agree with you sayin that those 6 inches made a difference in this case. She still would have hit.

I admit, some people are idiots when it comes to driving, parking or anything that has to do with operating a vehicle. Chances are those are the people that block you in wht the hitch ball when you ride your bike to work. It's only a matter of paying attention and being courteous to other people if you have one on.[/b]
True. It "helped" the X in this instance. Whethere there would have been any damage to either vehicle w/o the ball is questionable, but yeah, she probably would have slid underneath his bumper, anyways.

It's just when I see trucks (and even some cars) w/ ball hitches mounted all the time, I get iratated. 'Cause they don't understand how that can effect others; especially when they forget that the ball is still on there.

But I'll drop it, now. 'Nuff said on this from me, already.