Wow! Sounds like someone really hates trailer hitches! What’s the matter? Did you rear-end someone with their ball in and total out a previous car?

In or out the lady still would have hit my trailer hitch, the ball just kept her a little farther away from my bumper. Without the ball in place I would probably be replacing my bumper again but instead the ball going in to her grill and hitting bumper supports stopped her from getting close enough to do damage to mine.

True I could have just removed the hitch from the receiver and found a way to unhook it but at the time none of us thought of that until after the fact. We were more concerned about getting the vehicles off of the highway at the time. If you look at the second to last picture you can see the gouge in her bumper from when she hit the nut on the bottom of the hitch ball and it slid across her bumper before crashing through her grill. All of the parts that were damaged, were damaged to the point of needing to be replaced when she initially hit me. When I pulled the truck off of her car it just damaged the same parts a little more.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold