It looks like between Tungsten78 and PNUTMNM that there is some conflicting information. If both of these people are correct in what they've experienced then that certainly lends itself to my theory that there is some problem in the 2003 line.

Testing other vehicles is certainly a valid way to check the "normal" operation, but if all of Nissan's documentation explain the A/C working one way, and it actually works another (and most would agree its very wacky to run the compressor all the time) then that to me says design/assembly flaw. Especially when nobody can explain in a clear manner what the "correct" operation is.

Ironically the salesman that I purchased the car from called me in the past 2 hours to just check in. After explaining the situation to him, he agrees that the compressor should not be running all the time and he's heard nothing about that on 2003 models. I'm taking the vehicle to them this friday. They are about 30 miles away and hence the reason I didn't go back there to start with.

What's really funny is the service manager at the original dealership has told me via the phone that the compressor does indeed cycle on/off in all modes; although mine doesn't ever cycle, just runs on.

At the very least Nissan needs to send out some clarifying information to dealers and service centers. That "service bulletin" they sent out has a lot of people confused.

Kurt