Quote:
Originally posted by remmy1:
CR-RW disks are only readable on other systems with MultiRead CD-ROM drives with UDF (universal disc format) software.

That statement isn't necessarily true. You don't have to use the UDF file system with CDRWs. CDRWs can be written exactly the same way as CDRs. UDF just allows you to write to a CDRW much the same way as a floppy. UDF can also be used with CDRs, though once written on, it is permanent and cannot be erased. However, you can burn an audio CD onto a CDRW exactly the same way you would burn it to a CDR and it can only be read by a reader that is sensitive enough to read the CD (less reflective as I mentioned in my last post). I do agree with you in that the disk must be closed properly. Burning the CD in "disk at once" mode gives it a greater possibility of being compatible with most CD players. "Track at once" works with most of today's CD players as well, as long as you have selected to "finalize" or "close" the CD so no more can be written on the disk.

Even though Pioneer head units are not listed as being CDRW compatible, my last 2 (one is in my old Z3 and one in my X) have read every CDRW audio CD that I have created with no problems. I bought a Pioneer so I could recycle my CDRWs and reburn new songs when I get tired of the ones that are on them now.

I stand corrected on the CD changer issue it seems. I guess Nissan realized that many people have burners and would like to be able to burn custom audio CDRs for listening in their changers.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice SE 4X4 Auto
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1406935&a=10805120

[This message has been edited by killerx (edited 02-12-2001).]